Sports Premium Funding
Funding for 2017/2018
For the financial year 2017-2018, the school will receive £19250
Please click Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium for the full report.
This funding will be spent to ensure that all children have greater access to high quality sports provision. For the academic year 2017/2018, De Bohun has employed two specialist Activity Professionals, who will work during our lunchtimes to run structured, exciting and challenging physical activities. In addition, these processionals will work with children who required some additional support engaging with physical activity. Overall, this offers an additional 5 hours of physical activity provision, accessible to all.
We expect the outcomes to be:
- A reduction in lunchtime behavior referrals
- An increase in children involved with physical activity during their time at school
Funding for 2016/2017
For the financial year 2016-2017, the school received £9580. This funding will be spent to enhance our PE provision across the school. We will do this by:
1. Employing a Physical Education Practitioner to support, develop and build capacity in teaching across the school, lead Active Lunchtimes, run After School Clubs and link with Local Authority provision for competitions (part funded £6000)
2. Accessing the Enfield PE Team’s activities including; sporting events at fantastic facilities, Continued Professional Development for teachers and access to the PE forum.(part funded £1000)
3. Running school based sporting activities, such as Sports Day and Dance Festivals (part funded £1000)
4. Enhancing our After School Club provision by offering alternative PE opportunities, such as archery and fencing and tag rugby (part funded £500)
5.Enabling Year 5 to take swimming lessons (part funded £1080)
Impact of funding for 2016/2017
1. The quality of teaching of PE across the school, in 100% of lessons, was graded as at least good or outstanding. This means that the money has been invested to ensure that the changes made to the quality of provision at De Bohun are sustainable and every single child has access to high quality PE provision.
2. Staff CPD has lead to a direct improvement in the quality of teaching (100% is now good or better):
“The sessions with KH have been extremely useful. Not only has she built my confidence in teaching gymnastics but she has provided me with an understanding of how it can be taught with and without equipment in order for children to develop”.
“My confidence teaching gymnastics has greatly improved. I am more confident using apparatus with children and I have learnt how to ensure the children get the equipment of safely and efficiently. I enjoyed working with KH, she has taught me how to be creative with gymnastics. I have also developed my skills extending and challenging more able pupils, taking their skills to the next level. I am now confident my gymnastic lessons are good.
4. There are now four times as many after school sports activities available to children. Meaning that 160 children get access to extra-curricular PE provision.